Modern, online video marketing involves transforming stories into captivating and relatable videos consumers flock towards on their social media pages. Video is taking marketing content by storm and shows no signs of slowing down.
Capturing the Online Video Marketing Statistics
It’s a common to see people deeply engrossed in a video on their mobile device. In a study done in 2017, over 500 billion people watch a video streaming over Facebook every day. That’s just in 2017. At this rate, 80 percent of all consumer traffic on the internet will consist of video in the next four years.
With online video quickly becoming a means of information and entertainment, various studies have been conducted on the subject. A number of these show that more than half of active companies around the world now make use of the viral marketing. According to an article on WordStream, the following statistics describe the impact of video marketing strategies:
- 51 percent of marketing professionals around the globe name video marketing as the best return on investment (ROI)
- Marketers who utilize video marketing see a 49 percent growth in revenue.
- 64 percent of consumers purchase a specific brand after watching branded videos.
- Branded video content has increased 258 percent on Facebook and 99 percent on YouTube as of June 2017.
- 92 percent of marketing videos on mobile devices are shared with others.
It comes as no surprise, therefore, that video marketing grows more popular every day. When it comes to reaching out to consumers, video’s potential impact seems limitless.
Exploring the Marketing Trends of Today and Tomorrow
The current trend is to use video to connect with audiences via Facebook and other social media websites. With technology more advanced than it was just a few years ago, sellers have had to constantly evolve their strategic methods in order to maintain their target audiences. The most commonly employed video trends include:
- Video First — Consumers desire to watch and create videos. Coined by Facebook, video-first” makes producing and watching videos easy for anybody. Among audiences, video has become one of the preferred methods of receiving information and expressing themselves.
- Live Video Streaming — Live video accounts for 13 percent of the total video traffic across the internet. Live videos engage audiences and give more exposure of a specific brand. They show the potential of their products and services and provide rich, desirable content.
- Square Video — Since phones and tablets have changed the format we film and watch videos, companies have turned to square-shaped video content to acclimate to their target audiences. Facebook utilizes square videos because people so commonly post from their phones.
Benefits of Video Marketing for Businesses
The benefits of video marketing are manifold. For one, it builds a platform of communication between buyers and sellers. When customers see the faces of a team, the owner, or a company’s products, they gain confidence in what they’re investing in.
Especially for smaller businesses, video marketing enhances mobile marketing for a society constantly on the move, and it increases the effectiveness of ads. Plus, unlike a static website page, ads can’t be passed over if they’re in video format. On a sidebar or banner, people easily ignored static images, but videos capture their attention and allow companies to communicate more in a minute than they could with a text-based ad.
Creating an entertaining and engaging video is a daunting task. However, our Promote Productions camera crew will help you develop your story and vision of the video, produce the piece, and publish the result to show the world. For more information on our services, contact us, and we’ll talk about what we can accomplish.